I personally, have the tendency to overpack. Even if I know I’m only going somewhere overnight, you will find me mulling over outfits, shoes, accessories and various and sundries for hours. This, is a problem, and since I’m only going somewhere literally for a day, a night, and some portion of the following day, I’ve decided to have it down to a science. Packing shouldn’t take that long.
I though maybe you ladies might encounter the same dilemma. So in the spirit of womanly-time-saving, I’ve decided to help a sister out. Above is basically what you find in my overnight bag, and here’s a list of what you can put in your own:
- A dress, or skirt
- Simple (But hot) nude or black heels
- A white tee (You’ll often find me rockin’ a tee and leather skirt or heels)
- A hoodie
- A warm jacket
- Leggings, or jeans in a neutral color (I always have black or leather because you know, I’m gothic and shit)
- Relatively small sneakers (Like Converse)
- Pajamas (A compact pair)
- I don’t have to tell you a change of uh, under essentials, right? :-/
- Jewelry that will go with whatever outfits you brought
- Mouth essentials (Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, all travel size) – I like those kits from Target
- Body essentials (Bodywash, lotion, deodorant, etc.) – Again, I love pre-made travel kits from Sephora for these, L’Occitane is my fav.
- A flat iron (Because really, your hair should be done, this is just for touch-ups)
- Makeup remover wipes (Because these are SO convenient, and will help you pack light)
- Makeup minis
- CHARGER (Yes, folks often forget this)
- iPad (I keep mine with me, because if I’m not going somewhere for business it’s like a mini laptop just in case)
- A book
- Beats (Or, whatever headphones you use)
That’s it! I hope this list saves you a little time when you’re in a rush to pack for an overnighter. Whether you’re visiting a boo, on a business trip, or just need to get away, these are the essentials. Some modifications here and there should help you pack perfect.